Merestone Productions International
Recently, Merestone traveled to Amsterdam, Netherlands to produce a press event and concert for Imagine Communications. In order to be at the top of our game, here are the FIVE things we consider while traveling abroad.
- The Metric System: When designing for new venues and event spaces, having all the details is vital… especially if you need to convert your measurements for the metric system.
- Exchange Rate: Whether you are negotiating the price of events in advance or accounting for last minute expenses, knowing the conversion rates for each country’s currency can make or break your budget.
- Cultural Work Differences: Working outside of your country there may be cultural differences that come up. In some countries, a coffee break may take as long as there is coffee to drink, while in America we may take a “working break” and keep going with café in hand.
- Time Change: Jet-lag is one thing, but making sure all your crew is well rested and have reset their clocks is important.
- Cell Phones: The client will be calling, so be sure to upgrade your cell phone and your crew’s cell phones to international plans so that there are open lines of communication.